If you are using Ubuntu or Linux Distribution with KDE environment. I am talking here about the typing in Local or regional languages. This article is for Hindi typing only. You can enable Hindi typing in whole Ubuntu KDE environment.
Step for Installing ibus:-
- You can directly install from Ubuntu Software Centre.
- If you do not find ibus Sources in Ubuntu Software centre. You can install ibus from Terminal by Using this Command. sudo apt-get install ibus-m17n
- After installing, now time to configure ibus for typing.
- Type Languages in Start-up menu, click on System Languages
- Install Hindi and set ibus as Input methods.
- Logout from your computer and Login to take effect.
- Type ibus to start and click on Keyboard Input Methods
|Set your Preference as Phonetic|
|Keyboard button taskbar after installation|
iBus have lot of languages input with international languages support. For Different Linux Distribution Please Click Here
©2012, copyright Kirti Gautam